Friday, March 19, 2010

These Boots Were Made for Walkin'

It's one of those baby milestones. I took Her Nibs to the local shoe store and had her fitted for a pair of the classic leather baby shoes. Like her big sister, she waited 13 months before giving two-legged travel a try.



Yeah, they're kind of old-fashioned, but I've always loved the look of them. I still have Precious Daughter's and Mighty B.'s, but I doubt I'll have them bronzed. I'm just not that "together."

Nibs isn't quite walking yet. She's braved a step and a half between the Oracle and Me, but she hasn't tried going anywhere else without holding on. She let go of Precious Daughter's hands for minute, and big sister backed out of the picture.



Wait! You'll scuff the leather!

Please note: Her Nibs still has rubber-band wrists.

2 comments:

--V said...

Aww! She's adorable!

I like the look of those shoes, too. My mom has her old ones, bronzed and mounted on a stand. I wonder where they are.

Rusty's Mom said...

I can't believe how fast she's growing. E