Friday, April 4, 2008

We Finally Did It!

Once again, Blogger spacing is acting weird. I can't comprehend HTML, so please forgive the goofiness of it all. Thank you.

Last week, we learned that the Pontiac would need $730 in work just to pass inspection and would need twice that (at least) to make it safe and semi-reliable. We sadly let her inspection run out at the end of the month.

I spent the last four days housebound with two kids and no car. It's a wonder that I am still capable of semi-coherent thought.

Thanks to my father-in-law's help, we purchased this tonight:











It's a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica. Yes, it's greedy on the gas, but anything semi-economical won't accomodate The Oracle's long legs, and the hybrids are light years out of our price range.

Ours is a pale gold color.

Price being an issue, we would normally never buy a shiny-new car. Every purchase has been "pre-owned" and still under the original warranty. Chrysler, however, has tempted us with a lifetime powertrain warranty, and said warranty is non-transferrable, so a used car wouldn't have it.

My father-in-law dilligently researched, nagged, and nudged area dealerships for prices. When the U. S. automakers announced pathetic earnings for the first quarter, we knew the April incentive was going to be delicious, and with my father-in-law's savvy we had it made.

We waltzed into the best-priced dealership and drove away with our new purchase two hours later. I'm so excited I can barely contain myself, and I'm trying to justify a late-night supermarket run just so I can get behind the wheel.

This, of course, is bad, considering our track record with every car I've loved. Maybe I need to sprinkle it with a little holy water before venturing out onto the interstate.

2 comments:

--V said...

Howzabout putting a saint on the dashboard somewhere? A friend of mine used to have a little figurine of Jesus on the dashboard--his Mom had superglued Him there. My friend used to sing (facetiously) as he drove, "I don't care if it rains or freezes, as long as I have my plastic Jesus..."

He may have mocked, but I think the thing worked. He'd go out in all sorts of weather, and he never once wrecked.

Of course he was also a really good driver. Details, details.

Having been raised a Methodist, I'm not supposed to believe in stuff like that. But hey, if it works.....

Anonymous said...

Stacy says:

Congrats on the new car!!!

Can I take your FIL with me when we go to make our purchase?

*smooches*