Saturday, May 31, 2008

Maputo - Bob James & David Sanborn

I've had one of those gripey, annoying days where everything seemed to go out of its way to work my nerve, especially my children, and I'm still quivering from dredging up the mortifying details of my previous post.

Maybe it's the bass guitar, or maybe it's the memory of playing my first copy of this album until it warbled. It could simply be that a full listen happens to give me a seven-minute time out away from the "nerve workers." Whatever the reason, this song always, always, always makes me feel better.



Thank you, JS.

(If you can get away with headphones, wear them. In my view, not a single note of the bass guitar should be missed.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I am so glad you commented on my blog which led me back to yours! Let me tell you, it sure is easy to delete a blog! They should give you a 24 hour waiting period or something!

I just read your previous post... I am going to go scrub my brain now.