Sunday, December 7, 2008

"Tag, I'm it!"

Vee tagged me with a "This Blog Measures Up" award.

Say one nice thing about a man in your life.

Just one? Okay. I always appreciate The Oracle’s honesty. Even when part of me wishes he’d lie, I’m thankful he doesn’t.

List at least 6 ways that you measure (get it?) success in your life (or your blog).

1. Being available and useful when my friends or family need me.
2. Preparing a meal (other than spaghetti) that everyone enjoys and devours.
3. Getting my kids off to school with full bellies and without yelling (Getting homework done within an hour and without losing my mind means it’s an excellent school day from start to finish.)
4. Not having too deep a backlog of transcripts
5. A month with no finance charges/late fees
6. A shiny sink.

Assign this award to 6 other bloggers, and leave them a comment telling the blogger you've assigned them this award.

Awww, now I can’t do that. First of all, I barely know that many blogs; and second, I have this thing about chain mail. I get memes in my email all the time, and I never force anyone to respond. It just isn’t my way. (Hmmm... Does this mean I'm depriving someone of an award they might want? Thoughts?) I guess this means I forego the "certificate of authenticity" that comes with "measuring up." That's okay. It's a fun exercise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I've got an award for you!