Monday, June 30, 2008

Too Soon for the Tooth Fairy!

Look at this!
I still can't believe it. Mighty B. won't be five for another month and a half. What's he doing losing teeth already?

Yesterday, The Oracle let's Mighty B. call me on the phone to brag about his loose teeth. Loose teeth? What did you do to them? I'm thinking he knocked himself in the mouth and that we'd better get our butts to the dentist.

Nope. Precious Daughter and I arrive home from a bit of shopping, and B's bottom two choppers are as wobbly as can be. I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't even see the "gap-osis" developing between those two wobbly teeth and the ones to the right and left, a sure-fire sign that something's gonna fall out.

Within an hour or two, he had worked them furiously and pulled one out by himself. I sent him to the bathroom to swish and spit, and I can see that it's neighbor was hanging by a thread. (My gums itch just thinking about it.) With his permission and without even flinching, I yanked the other tooth.

That night he went to bed with two teeth in a Ziploc under his pillow and a warning that the Tooth Fairy might not be so generous since he yanked them out before they were ready, that (s)he likes kids to wait until they're just about out on their own.

Today he awoke (at 6:00 a.m.!!) cheering about the four shiny-gold dollar coins (two bucks per tooth) and the Spiderman toothbrush under his pillow. The Fairy let him off with a warning.

(On a side note, please ignore my ugly pink-and-black bathroom!)

- - - - - - - -

As for my 'puter, I'm still waiting for the new adapter. The Oracle jury-rigged my current so it still gets juice, and if I don't move it the power brick doesn't get hot. As long as that thing stays cool, I don't fear frying my computer. I still can't take it anywhere, but at least I can get a little work done.

I took The Oracle's computer to our favorite shop to see what was going on inside. The guy tells me his motherboard is burned out. Drat. It's five years old, and The Oracle's been talking about building a new one. Still, this desktop has served us well.

- - - - - - - -

On my car, the estimator was supposed to look my car over Friday. Well, I call for status today, and they tell me the guy was out sick Friday, so he's supposed to look my car over between 8:00 and 4:00 today.

I bit down hard on my tongue because I realize that the person giving me this information isn't at fault. I did my part. I took my car to a collision center the minute State Farm gave the go-ahead.

I laugh when I think that we were considering a switch to State Farm from our current insurer, Nationwide. So far, I am not happy with State Farm. I got hit on a Monday, and I wasn't able to get my butt into a rental until Wednesday, and my car still waits for a claims adjustor on Monday. It's been a week, people!!!

Nationwide's claim service has been fast, with an estimate the next business day and a check within 48 hours of the estimate. Maybe this girl hitting me was a good thing, because I'm getting firsthand experience with how State Farm treats its potential customers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh about your story that the tooth fairy might not be so generous.

J had his sisters pry his first tooth out with a play sword.

Talk about desperate to get a tooth out.

e